Monday, May 3, 2010

Responsibility.....I shall teach you how to embrace it...

thank you Kym for the suggestion...  Both of us were struggling with the constant "pick up this" "pick up that".."dont forget"....and snappy attitude.   No more nagging or yelling.  I mean, I didnt have kids to be more psycho than I already was!  For the love!  So now...based on our clearly visible POSTED list of responsibilities, each day they are not responsible, you are "written up" and have to complete that task when you get home...PLUS a job I come up for every one you did not do.  I dont like cleaning windows, unload/load dishwasher  or cleaning bathrooms....so guess who's doing it now.  In a call with sister Sarah by way of the Royal Court, she came up with more jobs....  HOW did we not come up with this before now Kym?? 



in the most pitiful voice "mom...stop taking pictures of me"... I just laughed and smiled

Glynn thought this was fun until he hit the third bedroom.....

in the words of Mike from Dirty Jobs..."keep submitting those dirty job ideas"! 
I'll take them by blog, email or text. 
 My last one I got (thank you again patrons of the Royal Court) was baseboard cleaning! 

4 comments:

Baby Herzog times THREE said...

Oh how fun this is....but the other part of me feels badly for my sweet nephews :)

Anne said...

The one room I HATE cleaning the most...the bathroom! With you having boys, I'm sure that they miss the pot 9 times out of 10. Wouldn't that be the perfect "chore" for them to do as penetence? It might even train them to aim properly!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

HA! I need to send you the form that Tom prints out weekly of chores the kids have to do. There are daily chores and weekly chores, they have to get doe before they can go outside and play.

Michelle said...

Your future daughters in law are going to thank you for making their future husbands learn how to clean!