I think what I'll remember is different than what the boys will remember growing up and the "first day of school". I hope that the boys remember the end of summer fun. For a long time now Michael and I plan a "end of summer" event to celebrate the end of summer and start of a new school year. Fun places to go, a splurge on a special lunch or dinner and just that something special. But I dont think they will ever know the things I will always remember.... always the night before our first new day of school we have butterfly's in the tummy. Always the night before we can never get to sleep. Always the night before we ask "what if I forget what I"m suppose to do" and "where do I go"?
The one thing I know we'll both remember...mommy's constant obsession with the morning of the new school year "ok everybody...let's get our new first day of school pictures"!!!!! It's getting more torturous as they get older. In a way...that is a lot of fun for me (as the intermediate and middle school bus stop is right at our corner so we're never alone) to watch them squirm. I can hardly wait for my favorite comment.."cooperate or we'll take even more pictures"!!!!
Our first day of 4th grade pictures soon to come....................
1 comment:
Is it weird that when you say they have butterflies that I still even in 4th grade wish I could go with them to school and walk them around holding their hand ensuring no kids make fun, they don't get lost, teachers are nice and helpful etc etc I mean I don't like it when they are nervouc!!
Post a Comment