Sunday, November 6, 2011

Goodbye to another October...It was FUN!

I cant imagine an October not being fun.  I mean Halloween is a part of this month...and brace yourself...I LOVE it.  Baseball ended, football continues and basketball is starting November 6.  As I start to embrace a fast November, it is kicked off with the arrival of my nephew Jacob who was born last night to sister Katherine.  I will also say most of these shots below are from a wonderful photographer (and one of my best friends) Leigh Bratina......  Enjoy our end to October.....






Here is my fabulous Lilly in N Carolina.  I drove up
from GA to spend the weekend with Amy and Lilly.  We had
a very crafty time and some fabulous sister time..spooky movie, vodka and
Black Lion...a fabulous trip!



Halloween explosion...




our annual Pre-carving shot.  This one is added
bonus with creepy eye shot from Glynn and Sean
looking to see what our neighbors were doing across the street...





Daddy O is our resident pumpkin carver...he's quite
good and can produce some great pumpkins.  After all,
he's had 10 years to practice.




Some of the neighborhood gang above and
really did love my new witchy hat below!




part of the Bratina clan!


and here you have Loretta and Conway.  Please
note the mirophone.  Tom ...I mean Conway...refused
to let Loretta take it with her trick or treating..
I tried Loretta to encourage it..but Conway and Elaina
were pretty much against it!



some creepy treats..we had mummy mush, finger nails, and
the cupcake station



Every year (just about every year) we look to our photographer
Leigh Bratina at Photographic Memories for our annual
family pictures.  Each year I beg her to forgive our in-fighting (thats for you
Aunt Toni) and encourage her to take a shot or two to deal with
the Claridy's on a photo shoot.  However on this early (7:45 a.m.) COLD (39 Degrees)
October morning she passed on the shots but put up with us for our session..
here are some of the photo's...






oh....such the attitude!


you can see me squeezing Glynn as I whispered
some encouraging words to smile!



some moments of "you're walking to fast", "are we almost finished"
and "where are we going to breakfast"



my so sensitive little Seanie....
There is a good story as to how Leigh got him to smile..
it involved being thrown off guard by a punch in the gut!
Whatever it takes! 


Michael's album cover shot. 



The End.......

Love my family and friends!  Miss everyone a lot!!








2 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

SO many reasons I love this post.....but in two words....GREAT MEMORIES!!!
We "Brats" are so blessed to call the Claridy's our friends.

Baby Herzog times THREE said...

Oh that is hilarious about Sean getting punched to smile haha. I agree, whatever it takes. And the album cover cracks me up haha. Great pics though and love the decor for Halloween!!!