What a Kindle Fire and DS wont do....
before we left..
pretty detailed. they all had moving parts, sounds
and funny little features..like the shark below
Jackson was loving this ship..so hard not to touch
this city's from around the world was most impressive..
especially with a $200,000 price tag to create.
Finally I will say that there was a table of pink/purple lego's designed especially for girls.
Now earlier this week Sarah gave me an ear full about the sad fact that Lego's had created
a line just for girls. It targets simple minded pieces and lame sets. If I had not seen it, I may not have given it another thought.
The fire station and countless other Lego creations are very cool to kids. Do we really need to make a pink and purple set with fewer pieces to attract a girls attention?
I also took sisters advice and read this blogger....
it is WORTH the read
3 comments:
If your boys loved that display, they would have loved Legoland.
As for the girl lego sets that have come out. I haven't seen them so I can't comment on how lame they are.
Reid and Kate played with legos and tinker toys and lincoln logs. They enjoyed building toys as well as their dolls. Oh and dressing up like a princess.
Kate wore her snow white costume and tiara's her entire third year and as a 13 year old she likes Science and is good at Math.
Toys don't teach girls what their self worth is....parents do.
Ahhhh, Courtney I love how you put that into your blog!!! Yeah!!! A fabulous blog to follow on how we as a society are allowing companies to define boundaries for our children. Agreed cous michelle parents do have a great deal in teaching our kids, but industry is a powerful position that so many of us don't see and assume you still have control over...yet you don't. It's a great blog that sure is more in my arena age wise but just shows how we've changed how girls/women are viewed today vs 10 years ago...... Being pretty is something that is so much more important than it should ever be.....
Love th epic of the boys with their games. LOve the light. So sweet.
Post a Comment