Sunday, February 5, 2012

Zumba - Some things you just have to embrace...

Since January I've added Zumba to my exercise routine.  I knew I had to do something else so after many "you can do this" self coaching moments I started classes with Leigh.  We tried several classes and found the favorite instructor.  Shortly after a few classes I saw people wearing  what I refer to as "bells on the ass".  Yes, at Zumba, there are these belly dancing scarfs you tie around your waist with a bazillion little cymbals.  I was initially shocked and swore I would never...but as more classes went on I began to wonder,  am I shaking my ass the right way?  Believe me there are moves in these classes that will just make you say "how do they do that, cause my bottom half simply isnt moving like that".  

Kourtney is also a Zumba fan and has been going to classes since last August.  She invited me to her class this Saturday.  I saw her fabulous red cymbals and when she realized I did not have any, before I could blink she had purchased one for me from the instructor.  For a brief moment I panicked and screamed in my head "oh, Im not ready for cymbals"!  But to my surprise I loved it!  Kourtney was right...you shake so much more with cymbals!  Leigh...  we'll get yours this week!!

So let me just say...Oh yes I did..... and I will be adding this moment to my book chapter of "Oh the things you will embrace"......



thank you Kourtney~

2 comments:

Baby Herzog times THREE said...

haha, love it, now I want to see a pic with all of you with them on!!!!!!

Michelle said...

Me too!