Shocking I'm not actually posting about Eclipse that is coming out in 2 days...as I am counting down!! What I am posting about is the interesting garlic event from the new Italian restaurant Lucias..right down the road (that's for you sarah).
Leigh and I ran over for a quick lunch. We now will spend the next week ridding ourselves of the massive amounts of garlic!! If Forks Washington really does have vampires, you can take Lucia's Italian Garlic Galore resturant and be rid of them in hours.
Let me set the scene..if you ever saw the Seinfeld episode of the "close talker"...well, she is working here. Literally as she pours your drink and takes your order, her breast are an inch from your face. . personal space is not an understood concept here.
There are about 3 people in this place today so I can see how she forgot what I ordered. We both ordered the soup and an appetizer..Brushetta and a Mozzarella Pom...something or another. Soup was great! Stalker waitress was already up to 5 times "how are things" before the food came out..she even asked if I worked outside because according to her, I was drinking a lot of tea. Thinking back, I should have come up with a clever story about why I drink tea...but...
When I tell you GARLIC...I mean take a garlic clove and slice it over every inch of your dish...GARLIC. For the LOVE! Leigh's order was different from the description on the menu. When she questioned where the spinach was the cook said.."oh, I forgot to look at the menu". But they were nice, they opened up a salad kit of spring mix and put it in a bowl for her..so she could re-arrange her garlic dish to her liking.
I think we're up to 22 "how are things" now from the stalker waitress. We clearly didnt finish our dishes and told stalker X about the "could there possibly be to much garlic on this". She told the cook..but no one ever came out to explain or further discuss....UNTIL it was time to pay.
Bring CASH folks...that register system is just confusing. Stalker X was swiping my card, Leigh's card, confusing the tickets, tried to convince Leigh that since I paid for her's she had to pay for mine (cause that makes sense)....and then they all disappear to the front register.
Just like the scene in New Moon when Edward leaves ..there is a LONG gap of time that passes...similar to our lapse in time here. I could understand maybe...a 4th couple had come in so it was getting busy. And then, Superman the manager swings into action..."we'll be right up with your tickets"..while you wait, have a canolli (spelling, I know)... So I decide to share our "could there possibly to much garlic on this" opinion with Superman Manager. Well, according to super hero...the "real Italians" they have cooking for them cook with "a lot of raw garlic". I so wanted to come back with..."ever think of hiring some fake Italians to tone down that garlic"...but I didnt. these are the same "real Italian cooks" that forgot to read the menu on Leighs order.
I just smiled. Leigh just smiled. We tried hard not to talk a lot because our garlic fumes would knock us out...so it was a little hard there at the end.
So...if you are going to brave the GARLIC explosion...bring mints, gum and toothpaste, bring cash, do not sit in stalker X's section (you'll know when you see her) and if you are looking for "real Italian cooks" (as opposed to the fake ones)...this is your place!
For the love...........
2 comments:
BTW the header photo......ABSOLUTLEY STUNNING! On "level of the lake". Great eye!
DOUBLED over in laughter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You pretty much summed it up. The waitress........I told you she's worked at numerous other places in Helena. Know you know why I remembered her. Unforgettable.
Post a Comment