Really not letting this go..... I try not to stop at fast food while on the road but I was soooo hungry. I stop at Chik Fil A..tea, chicken strips and fruit. Fruit caused my price to jump by $2. Then I started thinking about $3.99 for a half gallon of organic milk vs $3.29 for a whole gallon that is not organic. I feed a family of 4 so with coupons I can stock up with quite a lot. But is it really a better deal? I dont want anything "added" to my food or milk but it is. I buy it because it's cheaper.
when my kids were little, I only shopped for organic and only bought organic. As we grew up and budgets became tighter, I had to give up on a lot of items that are organic. So I ask myself, why isnt all milk and food healthy for us...why is there such a demand to buy milk and foods with added hormones and other ill processed means. Shouldnt that demand be in reverse?
If obesity is out of control for our children and adults for that matter, shouldnt it cost $2 more for the fries vs the fruit?
SO....Im on a mission. I've created my spreadsheet on cost and how to ensure organic CAN be in even a limited budget..... and to find out who is driving the bad choices / prices we see in the grocery stores and fast food.
No comments:
Post a Comment