Sunday, February 27, 2011

ugh, Sunday afternoon already? March is next week?

Every year I say Im going to slow down so time doesnt seem to fly by.  I dont think its possible.  Here we are at the end of the weekend, end of February and March is on Tuesday.  For the love....I cant keep up! 

- reduce reuse and recycle....on Friday we had an old swing set left my previous owners.
By Saturday, it's a garden frame.  We took a trip to Jemison AL Petals From the Past
for lettuce, beets, snap peas and strawberrys.  After our storm Monday, they will be planted.


Friday night I met up with the girls..a quick trip to our favorite little
thrift place..and I fell in love with this rustic birdhouse. 


While cleaning out the garden I saw this little guy peaking out.
77 degrees today...


and back in the garden again.....  it is not fun gardening without
a tiller.  I hope the $$ tree grows a lot this year..cause let me say it again..
not fun to create a garden without one.


and 1700 miles away my little nephew Tyler
(in the plaid shirt and sunglasses with his big sis) is getting baptized.
boo hiss for 1700 miles away.....wish I was there.


This was also the end of the first week for my mother in law
to be living in Birmingham.  She is getting along in her years and
it's hard to remember a lot of things.  So family is splitting up time
and coming up with a more permanent situation over this next year. 
She was with us during our gardening adventure Saturday.
She may be a bit challenge with memory, but still very witty
and sharp with what is going on! 

1 comment:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Ohhhh...so jealopus of your garden space. Wish I had that kind of room. LOVE that you reused the swingset....clever!
Looks like a great weekend! I need to head to Petals myself. LOve!