Monday, August 19, 2013

Grade....7

It is amazing to know that I have 7th graders.  It is moments like this that make you stop and realize time really is a fast moving as the wind.  This morning I made the traditional pancakes.  It was hard to shape out the 7 not because my culinary skills are lacking but because it is that "wow" moment.

This year was a little new for me in our grown up moments.  We spent a lot of time shopping for the right back to school outfit.  Glynn seems to have mastered hair in less than 30 minutes so this is a huge turning point for us.  Sean tends to go for the more bold approach.  He likes being different.  His color choices ranged from hot pink to screaming yellow.  Glynn, much more conservative. 

We are in the band and from now til the end of October we are playing a safety and corner position for the Helena Middle School Huskie football team.  So I'll let you imagine the trombone case and massive football bag (as had a scrimmage on Friday) plus the new binders for school that had to make their way to the band room, 7th grade football locker room and eventually home room.

We always have the butterflies the night before and no one can sleep.  Of course at 6 a.m. they were dressed and ready to roll.  I had not had coffee yet so it was hard not to say "for the love...like this will last."  But we made it out the door and I watched those sweet faces take their trombones in then come back to the car to get football bags. 

I don't cry anymore but I do get a bit teary when these moments occur.  much love....Courtney

 
From grade 1 to grade 7.....

1 comment:

Baby Herzog times THREE said...

Aunt GG is crying, how can you not cry?!?!?! Oh those boys will always be "the boys" in my eyes even as they are clearly growing up to be young men. I can't handle growing up when it's milestones like this. Love you sister!