Every week my football players dress in game day attire for their school team on game day and they proudly take the field after many hours of working out...sore muscles...and dedication. 4 days a week right after school and they blew through a very strong summer routine with the team. It's a hard mom moment when we don't always get to play..especially when Glynn gets field time and Sean does not. I hear "mom I work my butt off during the week and still didn't get to play".... Its tough moments for sure. But we work at looking at the bigger picture.
Yep, and I'll tell you when we are playing that supposed 7th grade team and I see these 200 lb 7 foot freak of nature kids walk out..I say the "thank you God we are not first string" prayer.
On a side note...my sweet boys are also very active trombone players in the Helena Middle School band. Sean is first string and Glynn..well, he is working it. Glynn has taken a big interest in FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) association and both boys are joining FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America). Don't get to impressed..we're still early in the new year! Interest come and go and pretty soon I'll be yelling on Friday mornings that we're late for some meeting. BUT...I keep pushing to branch out, try it all and force the them to learn to finish what they started. . or what mom forced them to try.
Not the best pictures. But I work with what I get and manage to shoot.
much love family..and random stranger that happens upon my post.
Glynn taking the field... #11
um yea...my little Seanie #6 along side some team mates. He may not be
as tall but wow..he is super fast. He is trying out for track in spring.

No comments:
Post a Comment