it's hard working, homework, finding time to get things done and a house being in constant motion. Tonight after long homework and an ill day I pulled the "we have to go out" for dinner. We struck out with Lucia's Italian since evidently in the restaurant world you can take off on Monday's. So we hit Golden Rule BBQ since they are known to have a choice of meat and many sides vs just bbq.
CAnned and processed..that was the experience. I am absolutely calling the owners tomorrow and explain if you are going to have mashed potatoes you dont serve instant.. the so called gravy that was similar to the look of brown road kill was lipton onion soup mix, flour and some gelatin "hold", the meatloaf was the cheapest processed crap available at Im sure WalMart and the butter for their bread was something that will certainly survive the next 100 years.
I picked through my canned veggies and watched the family muddle through their toxic waste. Seriously I should have stayed home and had soup and grilled cheese.
FOR THE LOVE!!
NEXT DAY CALL to owner:
Well the owner could not have been more pleasant and I was kind about my approach. But he did tell me that everything was made fresh daily. I'm sorry, I had to tell him I was shocked he said that. When I explained the gravy, he did say they basically open a packet and add water. I told him he may want to re-think that concept as I described what was served to us. I was pretty detailed on what we ate and how I really questioned it's "made fresh from scratch daily". What also surprised me was "well sometimes it sits for a while before the next serving". This makes me think about any restaurant for that matter...scary how food "lingers" until the next order. If anything I hope he'll pay attention to whats leaving that kitchen.
Speak up and say something when food is obviously not fresh and bland. Lesson learned for me...I should have addressed it when there.
2 comments:
Court, only you would actually take the time to call an owner to tell him his food sucks. Me, I would just never eat there again.
Love you.
Gross, that place sounds really really gross.
Post a Comment